Monday, June 20

 

Finishing the first movie

I started revising the scripts for the third time. I had to correct the mistakes that I had made with the Note tool, and I realized that I should reorganize the order of the short movie clips. The best order for the tutorial according to my opinion would be: “Make a note”, “Turn a note into a container”, “View windows”, “Make a Link” and finally “The note tool”. I realized that this was not the final script again, since I would need to add and revise them continuously as I would move on. However, I thought that this was natural and should be happening since each time I would be more familiar with Tinderbox, something that would allow me to improve the scripts.

Nevertheless, the more familiar I was becoming with the software, the more tempted I was of falling into the mistake of wanting to put everything I knew in the tutorial. Fortunately, I had realized that soon enough and I decided that a line should be drawn and that some features should be left out for the users to discover, after learning the basics of the Tinderbox.

After finishing the scripts, I wrote down the voice-over for the first movie and I recorded it with Elin, who was the narrator. I then imported it to iMovie and tried to adjust it according to the picture. This was definitely easier than adjusting the image to the voice but not as easy as it initially seemed. However, the fact that I left some scenes to be longer than they should be was very helpful since cutting something was easier than extending it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?