Wednesday, June 8

 

First plans

After two days working with the software and creating different Tinderbox documents, I decided that I could move to the next step. I began to gather my notes and to separate them into quick start features and advanced features. One of the difficulties with the software was the large number of new terms, many of them inconsistent with other applications. Users have to learn what a container note is, what children or sibling notes are, or even worse what a Nakakoji view is. Thus, I thought that one more category about the terminology would be helpful.

After arranging my notes, I made the first script. The script was very draft but enough to make a constructive conversation with Elin and Mark and to make clear what we wanted to do about the tutorial. The whole idea was to make short, one-minute movies that would be accessible for users with low bandwidth Internet connections. Finally, after making these movies, a user interface would be created using Macromedia Flash to provide a way to choose and view the movies. The final product will be a Flash object on the company’s website. To create these movies we will use Snapz Pro X to capture the screen shots and Apple iMovie.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?