Friday, June 24

 

The second movie

I decided to change some parts of the movie. This movie was about arranging notes in a hierarchy. Arranging notes in Tinderbox is a process very difficult to understand or discover. Personally, even though I discovered this in the huge manual, I did not manage to get it right from the beginning, since some parts of the process were very tricky. I needed Elin to show me and explain me those tricky parts of the process. I figured out that this should be difficult for other users as well, and I should therefore give more attention to it.

Initially I was simply describing the process showing the action on the screen at the same time. However, I thought that this process mostly involves psychomotor skills. It was a process that the users should learn and then automate such as what steps you should take to save a word processor document. Thus, it might be better if we broke that task into steps (a procedural analysis) and presented those steps clearly rather than simply describing the whole process. An example of this analysis is:
• Drag the note over the note you want to turn into a container
• Move the note over the right third of the container note
• The cursor will change into a right-pointing triangle
• When you see the right-pointing triangle drop the note.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?