Wednesday, June 29

 

Separating the second movie into two parts

Watching the second movie again today, I realized how big and confusing it was. It was a three-minute movie but it introduced so many new concepts and features. We would definitely have to break it down. I watched the movie over and over and I figured out that the best point to break it down was after the narration about the container notes. After all, the part about extracting a note from a container was mostly about how to arrange notes into the outline view and not how to make a container note.

I did not have a script ready for the second part of the movie. I had the middle part but I was missing its beginning and its end. I therefore wrote the voiceover and figured out what to say at the beginning and at the end. Elin insisted that it was not so important, especially the end, because later we would probably change them depending on the order of the movies in the Flash interface. She was probably right, so I wrote a very quick end to this movie. I did the same with the first part of the movie. I left everything the same and just gave it a brief ending.

However, making this movie I realized one thing: How important it is to have a script before starting a movie, even though this script is probably going to change.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?