Wednesday, July 13

 

Conference:Mac World

Today, Elin and I visited the Mac World conference in Boston. I noticed that there were not many women visiting the conference, but surprisingly there were many products targeting women such as beautiful bags in different colors and sizes with a case for a portable music player or fancy cases for laptops. However, I still did not see any product directly aiming women as buyers in software or hardware. They were just creating feminine outlook in their products but nothing else. And it is worth thinking that indeed the market in this area would benefit more with women rather than men. Men would not be as much interested in buying fancy cases in different colors for their products. A black leather case is enough for them.

In addition to the above I would like to add this little story: Elin and I were heading toward the conference entrance. In front of us were around 12 men. They passed and no one told them anything. Then was our turn, but the woman in the entrance stopped us and asked us: "Can I help you please?" Maybe she thought that we lost our way to the stores inside Prudential. We replied that we wanted to visit the Mac World conference and then she just replied: "Ah! Ok, I am sorry."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?