Friday, July 22

 

The power of editing

This movie was surprisingly finished very quickly. Everything was falling into place. I was really surprised that in only one and a half day the movie was finished.

While making all these movies I felt the magic and the importance of editing. You can completely change what you have recorded. You can change the order and the pace, delete unwanted noise and create a perfect world. It's really fascinating. Initially I would try to get the video and voice to match by repeating the captures over and over. Over time, I have changed my strategy to capturing the video and audio just once or twice, and then perform lots of editing to achieve the same result. Editing saves one lots of time since it is almost impossible to get something perfectly right altogether. After all, this is exactly what the purpose of editing is.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?